Cultural properties housed at Tachibana Museum were passed down to the Tachibana family that controlled the Yanagawa clan throughout the Edo period. In 1951(Showa 26), “Historical Museum Ohana” was established to exhibit the Daimyo-utensils at the residence of the lord of the Yanagawa clan, Tachibana-tei. In1995(Heisei 6), “Ohana Museum” opened as a facility more suitable for displaying precious cultural properties. The name was changed to “Tachibana Museum” on February 2012(Heisei 23)”. On December 3rd 2014, Tachibana Foundation took over the management from Ohana Corporation that used to be the main body of the management.
The collections are mainly the art and crafts descended from the Tachibana family: they include approximately 5,000 items of furnishings, one piece of national treasure, one piece of important cultural property, and others. These are the valuable assets which have been accumulated and inherited continuously over 400 years since the founder Tachibana Muneshige.
Tachibana Museum (Website)
in the Tachibana Garden (National Site of Scenic Beauty),
1 Shinhoka-machi, Yanagawa-shi, Fukuoka-ken 832-0069